Saturday, March 31, 2007

 

You are in control of your pets weight...

Please don't let your young pup put on too much weight... puppy fat!

Yes, they are appealing, but, no, they shouldn't be fed scraps and titbits from the table.

If they do get titbits make them WORK for them, as with obedience work. Otherwise left-over rice, gravy, cooked vegetables, chicken or lamb [be careful there are no bones] can be fed as part of their meals... not as an extra.

My take on bones is... don't give them ANY. Yes, some people say they can have marrow bones or large bones... but if your pup or dog should loosen a small fragment and it got stuck in its throat... you would never forgive yourself. Best not to risk it.

Please see my cautions on toys which are too small and can get stuck in the throat, and sticks, on another post, maybe even on one of my other doggy blogs... check them all out if you want to read it - though it was a horror story, and I'm afraid I underestimated the size of the stick - it was nearer 12 inches [grudgingly, I'll add that that is around 30 cm].

Labels: , ,

 

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

  • DogTime Blog Network Badge
  • Add to Onlywire
    XML
    Google Reader or Homepage
    Add to My Yahoo!
    Subscribe with Bloglines
    Subscribe in NewsGator Online

    Add to My AOL
    Subscribe in Rojo
    Simpify!
    Add to Technorati Favorites!
    Get RSS ButtonsSubscribe in a reader





    Blog Directory